December 1, 2007

What's so Great about Christmas



Christmas is coming.... Christmas is here..... !!!!!

I always love Christmas. My husband once asked me what's so wonderful about Christmas tree and all those christmas-related stuff that I am so crazy about.
After thoroughly thinking, I come to the conclusion that my family behavior as a conservative "Protestan" family contribute mostly to my liking about Christmas. For us, Christmas is always a perfect time to get together a bit closer; to show our love and appreciation to others by preparing our personal Christmas gift, and to show our 'team-working' by setting up the Christmas tree together, decorating the house with ornaments according to the theme-color we've agreed for, and preparing Christmas dinner.
I remember when I was in the States, I spent my savings and specially went to NYC on December, just to be able to see the famous big Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center.

I think what I like the most from the Christmas season is the peaceful atmosphere that I felt more during this season than in any other seasons. I'm not being so superstitious, but the joyful and peaceful the surroundings create, accompanied with carols and bells, trees and presents, lights and candles, candies and cookies, offers a personal feeling that is so perfectly creating a memorable time of all seasons.

As it was the tradition in my family to celebrate Christmas with the trees, candles, home-decoration, and special dinner, so that is what I'm about to do in my new family. Though my husband considers himself "karismatik", thank God he didn't refuse the idea of celebrating Christmas in a more conservative way I used to have in my so-called "protestan" family.

Above all, for me Christmas tree is the reflection of our life as a Christian. Take a look at the Christmas tree! It is so beautifully decorated with lights, ornaments, and gold and red ribbons. But the fact is, the tree is indeed dead. There is no life in it because it has been separated from its root. That is the picture of our lives. Though we look so fine and achieve so many successful accomplishment, if God is not with us, we are nothing.

Thus, as the Christmas tree can't live longer without its root, so can't we without God living in our lives. It doesn't matter how beautiful your life is; without having God in your life, you simply are like the Christmas tree; having the beauty lasts for just a season......